Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Message for the kids

Well, once again last night hockey, my full-face cage saved my jaw from being shattered into 5,438 pieces. Fighting a big guy for a puck, he clocked me right in the jaw area. I think he was trying to lift my stick up, missed, and drilled me. Needless to say my jaw is in 1 piece, but doens't quite close right today. I think the joint on the right side is swollen, throwing the whole works out of line.
Thus, 1 of the few things I'm truely good at and enjoy, eating, has become uncomfortable. Not slowing me down at all, but it's uncomfortable.

Work is officialy going down the crapper. I'm already bored, and now I've been asked to spend about 20 hours/week trying to help a struggling project get back on track. And it's not like things can get any better in the near-term. That project is so messed up that only a complete re-do is going to fix it. It'd be like if you and your friends were watching a bar fight. And when one guy is clearly getting his ass beat, your buddies suggest that you jump in and help him, cause you're good at fighting. Yeah, cause that ends well.
I'm trying to get a better job in another group, but there isn't a whole lot open right now. And it's not worth leaving the company, as I may only be in town for another 18 months or so. All depends on where the GF gets her residency. So I guess I'll just suck it up and bust a bottle over someone's head.

XM radio, fantastic stuff. The selection and variety on the 1 rock station isn't all that great, there's just so many options. Jazz, all kinds of rock, blues, comedy channels, etc. Plus, every wednesday night at 10pm they have a metal show for another. And speaking of which, I need to go set it up to record that tonight. But wait, there's more. You also get access to streaming music from all of their channels and more over the internet. So I get to use the service while I'm at work. Okay, shameless plug over.

And until next time...

No comments: